Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Prayer for the Future

I'm sitting alone in my room with a large mug of coffee, my laptop, some relaxing music on the stereo and the task of laying out our ministry plans for 2008 ahead of me. We have finance team meeting tonight and they would like everyone to bring their plans for where they feel like we are headed in 08. We don't have to bring dollar amounts yet. They want us to plan for things based on the direction God leads and not based on trying to meet a certain dollar figure. In my opinion,this a fantastic way to do a budget. It makes people in leadership positions focus on where God really wants to take us and doesn't depend on just figuring a little increase from last year and then figuring where to divide that money. This is yet another thing I love about my church. I've been working on this here and there for awhile now but it's time to put it all together. Please pray for me that I would clearly hear God and would have an obedient heart to follow exactly what He tells me to do. Thanks.

No comments: