Friday, August 22, 2008

The Update - Kind of stream of consciousness...







I'm 30 years old.

I have two children and one on the way.

I just celebrated my 8th anniversary.

I am a youth pastor.

I am also a teacher at a Christian school.

I recently also became the high school class Sunday School teacher at my church.

I am busy.

This morning I spent some time freeing a small plastic pig from the belly of a plastic mechanical fish. (You know you're a dad when...)

Today Bethany alphabetized my physical cds for me. They should be much easier to find now. I think I have room on my shelves for about 83 more jewel cases. There are currently 7,290 items in my iTunes library... I listen to about 120 of them.

I have probably never heard about 2,000 of these songs.

Bethany pointed out that I own more physical albums by Starflyer 59 than any other artist. Over the Rhine came in second with U2 and Jars of Clay tied for third most.

I own many books that I have not read yet but still want to buy new ones.

I have never backed up my laptop computer.

Perry Noble and pretty much everything at Newspring Church is big for me right now. God has got His hand on these people. I want to be used like that also.

I'm trying to figure out what to do for Bible class at school as well as Sunday School at church.

I'm going to miss the Olympics being on every night but at the same time, I'm going to enjoy watching something else without feeling like I'm missing history.

I may have been wrong about Kobe Bryant.

I have really been digging this band called Future of Forestry...

I am so ready for football season. My teams: Iowa State, West Central, and the Oakland Raiders don't neccesarily look to win any championships this year but I'm always hopeful for something amazing. Actually, cheering for the Raiders year after year is getting a little depressing due to their lack of positive results and our ownership's decisions.

Anyway, as you can probably tell from the above, I could use your prayers. I will not make it through this school year without God's strength. I can't do it on my own. So, your prayers are appreciated.

That's it I guess...

Still callin' a spade a spade,
Cal


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im your favorite reader here!