Thursday, August 14, 2008

Back from Winterset

We're back from vacation and we had an awesome time. We filled up the time with trips to the zoo, the Iowa State Fair, Des Moines, time with friends, fishing, and a visit at the new (to me) Winterset Aquatic Center. We also had the privillage to see my brother graduate from Iowa State University. We have many great memories from our time back in my hometown. It actually was hard leaving. I miss being there with family and friends. I had a great time with my bro. during our time hanging out. It was a great week.

This week is a short one for me but full of work to be done. I have a wedding this weekend and Voltage 110 on Sunday night where I am starting a new series based on who we are as a group and using our mission/process/motto as topical material. Sunday is Plug In, the following week is Charge Up, and the final week is Shine Out. I really think we are at a crucial time in the life of our youth ministry here where the students are going to have an opportunity to really take this thing and run with it. Please be in prayer for the students, the leaders, and myself.

Bethany has been having pretty constant headaches and there's not much she can take due to being pregnant...so there's another prayer request.

The boys are good except for the fact that Kbomb had a fever today, possibly connected to some bug bites, according to the doctor. We'll see how he does tonight and tomorrow. He seems to be feeling better.

I'm also looking at trying to record my messages using Audacity. It's pretty simple I guess but it might work for putting it onto our website. Just another way to make us a little more accessable to outsiders.

Well, that's about it. I hope all of you are doing well.

No comments: