Saturday, August 2, 2008

Saturday






It's boys weekend here at the Callison hacienda. "B" took off for a women's conference in Kentucky and so the boys and I are bachin' it. Yesterday we woke up and went fishing. We caught 9 fish, bluegills and bass. It was a lot of fun. We had to cut out after a little over an hour so we could get the boys to Jacksonville for their haircuts. We got home, ate lunch, and the boys went down for their naps. When they got up I made us all some chocolate milk shakes.



Later that evening I cooked them some goulosh and we watched Monsters, Inc. It was a fun day.



When I was putting sunblock on the boys for the fishing trip, I noticed that Jbird's ear was really red and swollen. It stuck way out from his head and made him look all lopsided. He said it itched and hurt when I touched it. After some phone calls with Bethany I gave him some benadryll and some anti-itch cream. As of this morning it seems to be getting better. It was so much bigger than the other one. I took some pictures:




In other news, I'm very excited for our vacation. It should be a lot of fun.

I've mentioned this before but the ministry of Perry Noble is really awesome for me. I have been listening to the podcasts from his church and I really think you would benefit greatly from listening to his "no holds barred" preaching. It's awesome and God is really using this guy. You can check it out via Itunes or you can watch video on the website at www.newspring.cc or you can check out his blog at www.perrynoble.com. Be blessed!

Section of blatant honesty

I've been dealing with some stuff for a few weeks within myself that's just been kind of a bummer for me. I'm going through one of those "where am I at" times. I suppose lots of people have these times. The good news is that hopefully on the other side of it is some amazing ministry. We have a lot of great things planned for this coming school year with Voltage and I'm really excited to get things going. Please pray for me personally as well as our ministry here. I have seen God working in my life over the last year and in the life of my family getting us into certain things and forming circumstances to put us in the place where we need to be. It's pretty awesome to look back and think about it. The thing that blows my mind is that Jesus knows exactly who I am, what I do, and what I will do...and HE still chose to save me. What a great GOD!

No comments: