Thursday, July 10, 2008

I'm back...and really random

So, we got back from Cornerstone Festival and somewhere along the way I caught a bad bug. I've been to the doctor but things aren't getting much better...possibly worst. I will probably have to go back tomorrow. I'm sitting here listening to the Hillsong service on t.v. I love Austrailian accents.

A few things going on with me:

I'm at the point in life where I just really want to reflect Christ's love to the world. I want to love my family with Godly love and show the world that love. I want to make real strides in my spiritual life and not plod along like so many seem to do. I want to continually be TRANSFORMED into what He wants me to be. I have a real desire for students to worship and for them to see the need and have a desire to serve.

I want to write some songs and then record them.

I have about 30 new cds from Cornerstone but at the moment I only want to listen to something worshipful that points me toward God.

I wish I could loose some more weight... it seems to have slowed down.

I am really digging these things right now:

Matt Chandler and Perry Noble on podcasts... Great preachers... check perrynoble.com for his blog. Chandler is a Driscoll buddy... I love those Acts 29/Missional guys.

Flatfoot 56-they preach unity in the body at their shows and are really great to watch... there is an amazing youtube video from Cornerstone 2008 of them at mainstage... you should look it up.

Taking notes in church...opens up new avenues of listening and understanding for me

Being able to hang with people this summer

Things I need prayer for:

My sickness...don't know what's wrong
Our upcoming mission trip and the Bible Study preparation meeting tomorrow night
That I would take lots of real time for my personal spiritual life amidst all of the ministry going on.
That God would continue to show up big in my life.
That my kids would do well with me being gone for another week.
We are needing to buy a bigger vehicle (minivan) due to baby number 3 coming... we have an offer on our car and need wisdom with what to do.
We are hoping to take a vacation back home to Iowa in August... pray we can do it financially...would love to have a van by this time
that I would be sensitive to the Spirit's leading in all things

If you would, please pray for me. Also, pray for my friend Glen and his family. Thanks.

No comments: