Friday, June 6, 2008

Late Night/Early Morning Post

I'm still awake. Bethany and the boys are in Missouri till Saturday. I'm hanging out watching the weather channel. It looks like we have some more severe weather on the way for tomorrow. I think my sump pump finally pumped all of the water out of the crawl space from two nights ago.
Today I took a couple of the guys from Voltage and headed to Springfield. We had a great time. Later, we headed for the Smith compound to watch game one of the NBA Finals. I'm stoked to say that the Celtics won. It looks to be a really good series. I thought for sure that Paul Pierce had broken his leg during the game but he came back out just fine.
I haven't updated this in awhile so I'll let you know that our soccer season is over. I think we ended with a 4-1 record. I'm not really sure if we won that last game or not but another guy and I decided that we probably ended up with more points. Javan said he wished that soccer went forever. He sure likes playing that game.
Today I went to Walmart to get some groceries so I don't wither away while the wife is away. Lately I've been reading again. I finally finished a Mark Driscoll book I had been reading for a long time, read the first 19 chapters in Hood by Stephen Lawhead, started The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis, and read some in Here I Am to Worship by Tim Hughes. so far all these books have been fantastic. I'm hoping to get finished with the Narnia series in time to get my Lawhead books back (loaned them out) and finish them. I also found out that I can get a sticker on a Winchester library card that allows me to check out books from the Jacksonville Public Library. That's exciting and means that I'll have more reading material at my disposal in the near future.
Youth is going along as normal. I'm pretty excited because it looks like we have some people really looking at where God wants them. He is definently working on people. I can feel Him working on me as well...even in the midst of times when I mess up. God is so good.
Well, this is just a bit of an update for the two or three of you who will actually read this. Peace to you.

No comments: